Hublot, a Swiss luxury watchmaker founded in 1980, is known for its relentless pursuit of innovation and exceptional craftsmanship. The brand has made a significant impact on the world of horology with its fusion of traditional watchmaking techniques and avant-garde materials. Here’s an exploration of the innovation and craftsmanship behind Hublot watches:
Art of Fusion:
- Hublot‘s motto, “The Art of Fusion,” encapsulates the brand’s commitment to combining unexpected materials and designs. Hublot is known for its pioneering use of materials like ceramic, titanium, carbon fiber, and even materials from the world of sports, such as sapphire and rubber.
Big Bang Collection:
- The Big Bang collection is one of Hublot’s most iconic and recognizable lines. These watches feature bold and angular designs with innovative materials, showcasing the fusion concept. The Big Bang chronographs are particularly popular and often incorporate unique materials and vibrant colors.
- Hublot developed its in-house movement, the Unico, known for its robustness and functionality. The Unico movement powers many of Hublot’s watches and features a column wheel chronograph and a flyback function, adding precision and complexity to the timepieces.
Sapphire Crystal Cases:
- Hublot is a pioneer in crafting watch cases from sapphire crystal. These transparent cases offer a captivating view of the intricate movement within. Sapphire crystal cases are both aesthetically striking and technically challenging to manufacture.
- The MP (Masterpiece) collection represents Hublot’s highest level of innovation and craftsmanship. These watches often feature complex complications, such as tourbillons and minute repeaters, in combination with cutting-edge materials and designs.
Classic Fusion Collection:
- The Classic Fusion collection takes a more refined and understated approach to design compared to the Big Bang. It offers a balanced blend of classic aesthetics with Hublot’s innovative materials and craftsmanship.
Hublot Ferrari Collaboration:
- Hublot’s partnership with Ferrari has led to the creation of exceptional timepieces that capture the essence of both brands. These watches often feature unique design elements inspired by the world of Formula 1 racing.
Big Bang Sang Bleu:
- The Big Bang Sang Bleu collaboration with Swiss tattoo artist Maxime Plescia-Büchi resulted in a collection of avant-garde and geometrically inspired watches. These timepieces showcase the brand’s willingness to push artistic boundaries.
- Hublot operates its state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Switzerland, where skilled artisans and watchmakers work on every aspect of watch production, from design to assembly, ensuring precision and quality.
- Hublot regularly releases limited-edition watches to commemorate events and collaborations. These timepieces are highly sought after by collectors for their exclusivity and unique design elements.
Hublot’s relentless pursuit of innovation, combined with its dedication to traditional craftsmanship, has led to the creation of exceptional timepieces that push the boundaries of what is possible in watchmaking. Each Hublot watch reflects the brand’s commitment to art, design, and innovation, making them highly regarded in the world of luxury horology.