Audemars Piguet, a Swiss luxury watch manufacturer founded in 1875, is renowned for its exceptional craftsmanship, innovation, and iconic designs. Over the years, Audemars Piguet has introduced several watch models that have left a lasting impact on the world of horology. Here are some of the iconic designs associated with Audemars Piguet watches:
- The Audemars Piguet Royal Oak is one of the most iconic luxury sports watches ever created. Introduced in 1972, it was designed by the legendary watch designer Gerald Genta. The Royal Oak features a distinctive octagonal bezel with exposed screws, a stainless steel case, and a stunning “tapisserie” dial pattern. Its combination of luxury and sportiness redefined the watch industry.
Royal Oak Offshore:
- Building on the success of the Royal Oak, Audemars Piguet introduced the Royal Oak Offshore collection in 1993. These watches are larger and more robust, with bold designs and vibrant color options. They are often associated with extreme sports and adventure.
- The Audemars Piguet Millenary collection is characterized by its oval-shaped case and intricate, openworked dials. These watches showcase the brand’s commitment to craftsmanship and artistic design.
- The Code 11.59 collection, introduced in 2019, represents Audemars Piguet’s contemporary take on classic watch design. It features a distinctive case shape and a variety of complications, including chronographs and perpetual calendars.
- The Jules Audemars collection pays tribute to one of the company’s founders. These watches are known for their elegant and understated designs, often featuring classic complications like tourbillons and minute repeaters.
Royal Oak Concept:
- The Royal Oak Concept series is known for pushing the boundaries of watchmaking. These avant-garde watches often incorporate innovative materials and cutting-edge technology.
- Audemars Piguet’s perpetual calendar watches are celebrated for their precision and complexity. These watches can accurately display the date, day, month, and moon phases without manual adjustments for leap years.
- Audemars Piguet’s tourbillon watches showcase the brand’s expertise in high-end watchmaking. The Royal Oak Tourbillon Extra-Thin is a notable example, combining the iconic Royal Oak design with a tourbillon complication.
- Audemars Piguet is known for its skeletonized watches, which showcase the intricate movements and craftsmanship inside the watch. These watches often feature openworked dials and transparent case backs.
- Audemars Piguet offers a range of diamond-set watches that combine the brand’s iconic designs with luxurious gemstones. These watches are celebrated for their elegance and glamour.
Audemars Piguet’s commitment to innovation, craftsmanship, and design excellence has solidified its status as one of the most prestigious and iconic watchmakers in the world. Each collection and model reflects the brand’s dedication to pushing the boundaries of watchmaking while preserving its rich heritage.