Adele: A Quick-Read Bio Revealed
Here’s the bio, life, career, awards, facts, trivia, and favorites of Adele. We would like to take you through the chapters in the life and career of one of the world’s talented musicians. This is Australian Unwrapped’s compilation of research about Adele. Enjoy the journey!
Full Name: Adele Laurie Blue Adkins
Born: May 5, 1988
Origin: London, England
Genres: Pop – Soul
This post contains some affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
- Adele’s father left her when she was 2 years old, and her mother raised her.
- Her obsession with voices began at age 4 when she began singing.
- Adele’s mother had found work as a furniture maker and an adult-learning activities organiser.
- Her 2015 song “Million Years Ago” recalls her youth spent playing the guitar and singing to friends in Brockwell Park.
- The singer graduated from the BRIT School for Performing Arts & Technology in Croydon in May 2006 alongside Leona Lewis and Jessie J.
- 2006: Adele sang the opening solo for Jack Pe*ate’s debut album song, “My Yvonne,” and met producer Jim Abbiss during this session, who went on to produce both 19 and 21.
- 2007: Adele debuted on television with a performance of “Daydreamer” on BBC’s Later… with Jools Holland. Her breakthrough song, “Hometown Glory” was released which she wrote when she was 16.
- 2011: Adele released her second studio album, 21, in the UK and in the US.
- 2012: Adele confirmed that she had written, composed, and recorded the theme song for Skyfall, the twenty-third James Bond film. ‘Skyfall’ was written and composed by Paul Epworth, recorded at Abbey Road Studios with orchestrations by J. A. C. Redford
- 2013: Wiz Khalifa and Adele collaborated on a song for his fifth studio album, Blacc Hollywood.
- 2015: ’25’ made it to the top of the UK Albums Chart and became the fastest selling album in UK chart history.
- 2016: Adele received the Top Billboard 200 album award and was also named Artist of the Year by Billboard.
- 2019: Adele hosted Saturday Night Live, with musical guest H.E.R.
- 2021: Adele released “Easy on Me” to a positive reception, breaking Spotify and Amazon Music records for most streams for a song in a day where the song topped the UK Singles Chart, Adele’s third UK number one.
- 2022: During the 42nd Brit Awards, Adele won British Album of the Year for 30 for the third time.
Awards & Recognition
- certified 8× platinum in the UK and triple platinum in the US
- honoured with the Brit Award for Rising Star
- Grammy Award for Best New Artist
- fifteen Grammy Awards
- twelve Brit Awards.
- (2011, 2012, and 2016) – Billboard named her Artist of the Year.
- 2012 and 2016 Ivor Novello Awards – Songwriter of the Year by the British Academy of Songwriters, Composers, and Authors.
Fun Facts & Trivia
- Adele is best to write songs when she’s drunk.
- Adele is a tea person and her favorite combo is tea with two sugars.
- Louis Armstrong is the name of her pet dog (dachshund).
|Movies:||Twilight Series and Charlie & Chocolate Factory|
|Singers:||Rihaana and Pitbull|
|Perfume:||Light Purple by Dolce.|
|Sports:||Cricket and Football|
Australian Unwrapped’s Chosen Song from Adele:
Someone Like You
That you found a girl and you’re married now
I heard that your dreams came true
Guess she gave you things, I didn’t give to you
Old friend, why are you so shy?
Ain’t like you to hold back or hide from the light
But I couldn’t stay away, I couldn’t fight it
I had hoped you’d see my face
And that you’d be reminded that for me, it isn’t over
More Songs to Listen to:
I hope you enjoyed knowing bits of the life of the music artist, Adele!
We have lots to offer about him.
Click the link above for Adele: Top 5 Songs to listen and relax or get on to the next artist whose life we are featuring next, Fifth Harmony.
Share which segment you liked the most in the Comments section below so others can check it out!