The Chainsmokers: A Quick-Read Bio Revealed
Here’s the bio, life, career, awards, facts, trivia, and favorites of The Chainsmokers. We would like to take you through the chapters in the life and career of one of the world’s talented musicians. This is Australian Unwrapped’s compilation of research about The Chainsmokers. Enjoy the journey!
Origin: New York City, U.S.
Genres: EDM – Pop – Electropop – Future bass
Members: Drew Taggart – Alex Pall
This post contains some affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
- The starting duo is composed of Pall and former DJ Rhett Bixler and re-formed as an EDM DJ duo in 2012.
- Pall took up art history and music business at New York University.
- During his time at Syracuse University, Taggart was an intern at Interscope Records.
- 2013, The Chainsmokers’ remix of “Medicine” by Daughter peaked to the highest spot in the charts of HypeMachine when it was released.
- 2014: For their first live performance, the duo opened for Timeflies at Terminal 5. They got “Kanye”, including sirenXX, the follow-up to “#Selfie” to the public. Featuring Great Good Fine Ok, they released “Let You Go” seven months later.
- 2015: The Chainsmokers launched the single “Good Intentions” then their follow-up single “Roses” came a month later.
- 2016: “Don’t Let Me Down”, housing vocals from American singer Daya, went out and snatched them a Grammy award.
- 2017: “Paris”, was released next which received gold certification in US and Canada.
- 2018: They released their single entitled “Sick Boy”, which became the lead single of their sophomore album.
- 2019: “Kills You Slowly” was released.
- 2020: A hiatus/break from social media in order to focus on their “next chapter in music” was announced by the duo.
Awards & Recognition
- They won –
- a Grammy award,
- two American Music Awards
- seven Billboard Music Awards
- nine iHeartRadio Music Awards
- highest-paid DJs in 2019
Fun Facts & Trivia
- “Our Thing” is the New York City-based brand whom the duo helped in creative designs as they are both into fashion.
- Eating steak and drinking espresso is the duo’s ritual before getting on stage to perform.
- The duo was an avid fan of Coldplay.
Australian Unwrapped’s Chosen Song from The Chainsmokers:
I drink too much, and that’s an issue, but I’m okay
Hey, you tell your friends it was nice to meet them
But I hope I never see them again
Moved to the city in a broke-down car, and
Four years, no calls
Now you’re looking pretty in a hotel bar, and
I-I-I can’t stop
No, I-I-I can’t stop
More Songs to Listen to:
I hope you enjoyed knowing bits of the life of the music artist, The Chainsmokers!
We have lots to offer about him.
Click the link above for The Chainsmokers: Top 5 Songs to listen and relax or get on to the next artist whose life we are featuring next, Swae Lee.
Share which segment you liked the most in the Comments section below so others can check it out!
Support The Chainsmokers: