Lewis Capaldi: A Quick-Read Bio Revealed
Here’s the bio, life, career, awards, facts, trivia, and favorites of Lewis Capaldi. We would like to take you through the chapters in the life and career of one of the world’s talented musicians. This is Australian Unwrapped’s compilation of research about Lewis Capaldi. Enjoy the journey!
Full name: Lewis Marc Capaldi
Born: October 7, 1996
Origin: Glasgow, Scotland
Genres: Pop – Blue-eyed soul
This post contains some affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
- Capaldi was the youngest of the four children of his mother who is a nurse and his father who is a fishmonger.
- At age nine, he started singing in pubs after learning drums and guitar at the age of two.
- Ryan Walter discovered Capaldi at the age of 18 through a SoundCloud recording Capaldi recorded in his bedroom.
- 2017: Bloom EP, his debut extended play, was released in October.
- 2018: Capaldi released Breach (his second extended play), which housed previously released tracks “Tough” and “Grace”, along with “Someone You Loved” and “Something Borrowed”.
- 2019: “Someone You Loved,” which charted in 29 countries, was released.
- 2020: Capaldi’s Divinely Uninspired to a Hellish Extent surpassed one million UK chart sales.
Awards & Recognition
- Capaldi received at the 2020 Brit Awards (won two awards out of three nominations)
Vevo dscvr ‘Artists to Watch 2018’ (2017)
Best Acoustic at the Scottish Alternative Music Awards (2017)
He was also long-listed for BBC Music’s Sound of 2018.
He was named as one of two acts in BBC Radio 1’s ‘Brit List’ in 2018.
Song of the Year at the 2020 Grammys (nomination for “Someone You Loved”)
Fun Facts & Trivia
- If Lewis didn’t make it to the music industry, he would be selling fish in his dad’s shop, KP’s Fresh Fish.
- He can’t stand looking directly at a prawn’s face!
- “The Wee, Chubby Boy Who Sang Songs” was his nickname in school when he was young.
Australian Unwrapped’s Chosen Song from Lewis Capaldi:
Someone You Loved
This all or nothing really got a way of driving me crazy
I need somebody to heal
Somebody to know
Somebody to have
Somebody to hold
It’s easy to say
But it’s never the same
I guess I kinda liked the way you numbed all the pain
And you’re not here
To get me through it all
I let my guard down
And then you pulled the rug
I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved
More Songs to Listen to:
I hope you enjoyed knowing bits of the life of the music artist, Lewis Capaldi!
We have lots to offer about him.
Click the link above for Lewis Capaldi: Top 5 Songs to listen and relax or get on to the next artist whose life we are featuring next, Drake.
Share which segment you liked the most in the Comments section below so others can check it out!
Return to: Tones And I: Bio, Life, Career, Awards, Facts, Trivia, Favorites
Next Bio: Drake: Bio, Life, Career, Awards, Facts, Trivia, Favorites
Support Lewis Capaldi: