Woke 2022 Survival Guide
The so-called modern world at times seems totally insane. It is as if it is almost by design to keep us in a state of perpetual confusion straight from the communist handbook. Going Woke to be clear, means so many things to so many people its complicated to nail down precisely what is woke and why it is so. Also, many of the arguments are at face value, appearing to have validity. Therefore you would be a fool to argue against them, and evolving culture is not always bad; the human experience is about growth.
However, that is part of the problem; to enjoy the rich tapestry of human existence, we need to accept that all these values exist and shutting one down in favour of the other and closing narratives that don’t fit facts leads to cognitive dissonance. While many sheeple are happy to live in the space while sucking on the poison tee, others from all sides can see the disparity, yet it is becoming apparent speaking out can cost you and your family dear
7 Phrases People Who Gaslight Say
To understand how it is possible to fight Wokism first, we must try and understand what this elusive term Woke means.
What Does Woke Mean
Woke means many things to many people, and extremists at both ends of the political spectrum have indeed radicalised the term.
Merriam-Webster – “Aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice).”
Dictonary.com – “Having or marked by an active awareness of systemic injustices and prejudices, especially those related to civil and human rights.”
Urban Dictionary – “Spiritual and intellectual enlightenment, like waking up from a deep sleep and seeing things clearly for the first time.”
Oxford Dictionary – “Woke, adjective: Originally: well-informed, up-to-date. Now chiefly: alert to racial or social discrimination and injustice; frequently in stay woke.”
What’s interesting is non of these at face value seem like something that anyone of sound mind would be against. Yet Woke in any form leaves me and many others I know with an uneasy feeling, anxiety that no matter how minor an infraction if someone feels something about anything you have done, there is a case to answer. It’s this aspect of Wokisn I want to attempt to combat today.
Woke Culture Meaning
The original meaning of Woke is something that is difficult to argue with for anyone who in their right mind. Who would not support people’s freedom of speech, freedom to choose and freedom to express themselves within the law.
These days there is no meaning to the term ‘woke’ because it is losing its purpose. A cult of social justice has distorted the importance of the term. Identitarian leftism is inherent to being woke.
Now, woke people try to intimidate their detractors into silence by threatening them rather than confronting bad ideas and race equity culture issues. The woke culture of today is characterised by hate speeches, illiberal ideas, and the demands they place on others.
Wokeness and Cancel Culture
Call-out culture or cancel culture refers to a type of ostracism whereby someone is thrown out of social or professional circles whether through social media or in person. People who are subjected to this ostracism are said to be “cancelled”
The term may have originated from the 1991 film New Jack City, Wesley Snipes’ character Nino Brown when dumping his girlfriend by saying: “Cancel that b**ch.”. I’ll buy another one.”
Cancelling a Person – You can effectively end their career or revoke their cultural cachet by boycotting their work or insisting on disciplinary action from an employer. They can often be from minor infractions.
Here are three examples of cancel culture in action:
Gina Carano — She was fired from Disney after posting on social media that being a Republican in 2021 was similar to being a Jew during the Nazi era. Hasbro scrapped her “Star Wars” action figures when her Hollywood agent dropped her. She had nee a great “Mandalorian” character.
Goya Foods — In an event at the White House, Goya Foods’ CEO Robert Unanue praised President Trump, which prompted a boycott campaign from Wokestrs.
J.K. Rowling — Her comments that supporting transgender rights will ultimately threaten women’s rights led to backlash from the famous author of the Harry Potter series.
Examples of Toxic Wokeness
Toxic Wokeness surrounds us. There are always extremists, no matter what group you may beliong to. The extremes in this case have weaponised free-thinking, critical discussion and debate by shutting down anything that does not fit their agenda.
Some words just make people shut the fuck up because they are so confusing, and with such little clear definition, throwing it around stops sound minded people and makes them think. Woke extremists have Highjacked this and use it to shut down anything they do not agree with.
Signs you work in a Woke workplace include:
- Prolonged silences as people have to think deeply before speaking for fear of “saying the wrong thing.”
- There is no trust between colleges, many of whom may agree with a specific narrative just to keep the peace.
- Inflexible communication
- Tension in the office
- Terrified to speak candidly
- Troubling body language and behaviour
- A shit load of people running for the door.
How to Fight Back Against Woke Culture
How to Spot and Fight Gaslighting
Now we have attempted to define the Woke phenomenon and had a look at it in the context of real-world scenarios. Let’s take a look at how we can fight back. Remember you, and only you are in control of your emotions and often, how we perceive things maybe be linked with a subconscious bias, be willing to change, evolve and grow but open your terms for the betterment of your life.
- When you are presented with information privately, verify it, confirm the facts to yourself, if it will enhance your life and your ability to influence the world to adopt it; if not, if it’s against what the evidence suggests, move on. If you find yourself being forced to believe or do anything againt your own standards, get the hell out of there.
- Do not argue; arguing with Woke folk is not possible. Woke folk have an agenda and set beliefs. You are only going to give them ammunition. They have vast experience of being a pretentious arsehole, and you only win by not playing.
- Keeping your individuality is one of the best defences against Wokeism in a relationship.
- People who are woke try to change your morals to fit their agendas gradually. Don’t compromise too much just to keep the Work person satisfied.
- Learn to say no when you are being forced to compromise your principles. Expect the Woke to try different methods to convince you otherwise.
- Remember you cannot control other people’s actions
- The act of keeping a journal can help you take better control of your thoughts and understand your behaviour more easily. This will provide you with a trail of evidence in the event that a Woke attempts to cancel you.
- Meditating helps you become more aware of your mental health and help you gain control over it. Meditating can be an invaluable tool when it comes to dealing with Woke Folk, and it allows clarity of thought and reflection.
- Be resepectful and tolerant of all people. Freedom is not something to take for granted and just as you have your freedom of expression, so do others. Control what you can control.
- Sleep deprivation can lead to grumpiness and inefficiency throughout the day. Try to get at least seven hours of sleep each night. The Woke crave attention, drama and control, don’t give it to them by sleepwalking through life.
Combat Wokism 101 Conclusion
Woke or Wokeism is a plague of free-thinking but don’t let them win and don’t play the game. Respect others, help them but do not be a victim and do not allow yourself to be cancelled. Play you own game and control yourself and your journey.
For me it’s about being proud of who I am and my identity but not fucking with other people. If we gel, then great if not I will still show common courtesy just don’t mess with others; it’s literally that simple.
In a world where we shut down debate all we have is lies.
RIP Cancel Culture, you won’t be missed. wakeforwoke[dot]com