- 1 25 Things You May Not Know About BTS
- 1.1 1. There are seven members in BTS.
- 1.2 2. BTS is an abbreviation for the Korean word Bangtan Sonyeondan.
- 1.3 3. They write their songs
- 1.4 4. BTS fan base name is ARMY
- 1.5 5. They made history in Kpop.
- 1.6 6. BTS boy band is net worth millions.
- 1.7 7. The initials RM stand for “rap monster.”
- 1.8 8. BTS’s debut album was “Dark and Wild.”
- 1.9 9. Suga used to be known as “gloss.”
- 1.10 10. The iconic American comedy “Friends” helped RM learn English.
- 1.11 11. Jungkook is the group’s youngest member.
- 1.12 12. BTS is known for its deep lyrics songs.
- 1.13 13. BTS was the first K-Pop group to get their special Twitter emojis.
- 1.14 14. BTS is one of the most influential people online.
- 1.15 15. BTS used to live in the same room.
- 1.16 16. Jungkook wishes to become a tattoo artist.
- 1.17 17. J-hope used to do some street dancing.
- 1.18 18. RM declares himself to be an atheist.
- 1.19 19. In 2017, V made his acting debut.
- 1.20 20. BTS paired up with UNICEF
- 1.21 21. Suga used to be a delivery boy.
- 1.22 22. BTS album sold 1.2 million copies in South Korea.
- 1.23 23. BTS has the most commented-on music videos on YouTube.
- 1.24 24. The formation of the BTS we know today took three years to form.
- 1.25 25. BTS donates to help people
25 Things You May Not Know About BTS
BTS Korean boy band is a K-pop (or Korean pop) group made up of seven members—Jin, Suga, J-Hope, RM, Jimin, V, and Jungkook—from South Korea and debuted in 2013. BTS is conquering Kpop and bringing new fans worldwide to the genre, storming the world with their music and continuing to rise. There is a lot to adore about them, from their boyish good looks to their outstanding dance routines. But there are more facts about them that people do not know. Let’s dive into the 25 things that many do not know about BTS.
1. There are seven members in BTS.
The majority of pop groups in the world have four to five members, but BTS has a seven-piece group from Korea. They have seven members (three rappers and four vocalists): Jin, Suga, RM, J-Hope, Jimin, V, and Jungkook. These are their stage names.
Keep Reading: BTS: “The Korean Boy Band Taking Over The Music World”
2. BTS is an abbreviation for the Korean word Bangtan Sonyeondan.
BTS is an abbreviation for “Bang Tan Sonyeondan,” which translates as “Bulletproof Boy Scouts” or The Bangtan Boys. According to member J-Hope, the name represents the group’s intention to “block out preconceptions, critiques, and expectations that aim like bullets at adolescents.”
3. They write their songs
While other musicians delegate songwriting duties to others, BTS is actively involved in the process. They are more than just performers, singers and rappers. These K-pop idols have a hand in creating their songs, mainly during the Map of the Soul era.
The group’s rappers, RM, J-Hope, and Suga, write most of their songs. These members become highly accomplished because they have solo careers and self-written music. The rest of the band also helps with songwriting occasionally. They also collaborate with a broad group of songwriters and producers to create the music that fans hear. Furthermore, it is not unusual for BTS to purchase music from various sources and give it a BTS twist.
4. BTS fan base name is ARMY
The official fan club name of BTS also gets recognized as the BTS ARMY in the Western media. A.R.M.Y is an abbreviation for Adorable Representative M.C. for Youth.
The group formally got established on July 9, 2013. This happened after the fan club recruiting program got completed. BHE revealed the name and details of BTS’s fanbase to the world.
The ARMY’s name reflected the same theme as BTS, which had a major military focus back in the day. BTS signified the Bangtan Boys (Bulletproof Boy Scouts), with the logo being a bulletproof vest. While the boys were “bulletproof,” they were constantly protected by their army.
5. They made history in Kpop.
BTS is the first K-pop band that received a Grammy nomination. “Dynamite” reached Billboard Hot 100 No. 1, aside from being their first hit song completely in English. They did all of these without getting promoted by Korea’s top three entertainment agencies.
6. BTS boy band is net worth millions.
BTS’s boy band net worth might soon reach $100 million, so they may become among the wealthiest celebrities worldwide. Their net worth range from $8 million to $14 million based on their hits and performances.
7. The initials RM stand for “rap monster.”
RM’s real name is Kim Namjoon. Rap Monster was his stage name when he first debuted.
8. BTS’s debut album was “Dark and Wild.”
Dark & Wild (stylized DARK&WILD) is South Korean boy band BTS’s debut studio album. Big Hit Entertainment published it on August 20, 2014. The album comprises fourteen songs, with “Danger” as the lead single.
BTS Facts: 15 Things You Did Not Know About the BTS
9. Suga used to be known as “gloss.”
BTS’s most adored rapper (whose given name is Min Yoon-gi) was known as “Gloss” in the underground rap scene before adopting Suga as his name. Suga adopted this rap name since it seemed similar to his birth name, Yoon-gi, which means “gloss” or “shine.”
10. The iconic American comedy “Friends” helped RM learn English.
RM once stated that he learned English by watching Friends, one of the most popular comedy shows. Kim Nam-Joon has previously stated, “My English teacher was the sitcoms Friends.”
11. Jungkook is the group’s youngest member.
Jungkook is the South Korean boy band BTS’s youngest member and vocalist. Born on September 1, 1997, he debuted in BTS at 15. He also already performed in a Korean singing competition.
12. BTS is known for its deep lyrics songs.
BTS frequently creates songs on challenges young people face, such as financial insecurity, high societal expectations, and mental health issues. These songs allow fans all across the world to contact the members.
13. BTS was the first K-Pop group to get their special Twitter emojis.
In 2016, the members of BTS received their own Twitter emoji for the first time, becoming the first K-pop group to get their own Twitter emojis.
14. BTS is one of the most influential people online.
BTS is one of the most well-known pop icons on the global music scene, and its popularity is only increasing. TIME magazine has listed BTS as one of the most influential people online.
15. BTS used to live in the same room.
While they were trainees, the members shared a bedroom apartment. “For the BTS squad, the firm supplied a dormitory for those who came from somewhere outside Seoul,” he stated. The members of that group stayed in the dormitory. It is not surprising that BTS members shared a room in their early days when they were not yet world-famous stars.
16. Jungkook wishes to become a tattoo artist.
He expressed an interest in becoming a tattoo artist or a composer/musician. He went on to say that he has a huge interest in tattoos and that he has already started thinking about tattoo templates.
17. J-hope used to do some street dancing.
Few people are aware that, before joining BTS, J-hope was an underground dancer who competed against numerous other skilled underground dancers. Although he became one of the most popular K-Pop singers, J-hope has never lost touch with his roots as an underground dancer.
18. RM declares himself to be an atheist.
RM defined himself as an atheist when addressing his work on the tune “God Rap,” claiming that the only thing that dictates his fate is himself.
19. In 2017, V made his acting debut.
V made his acting debut in the K-drama “Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth.” He portrayed Suk Han Sung, one of the Hwarang Warriors.
20. BTS paired up with UNICEF
The South Korean band (which has 39 million Twitter followers) and its record label (BIGHIT MUSIC) teamed up with UNICEF in 2017 to help eradicate violence, abuse, and bullying. They also wanted to promote self-esteem and well-being among children and youth worldwide.
They motivated supporters to generously give to the cause, raising $1 million in less than two days. These funds helped UNICEF’s program to feed starving children.
21. Suga used to be a delivery boy.
It is not always easy to work your way to success. Before he became renowned, the hardworking Suga worked as a delivery guy. He even dislocated his shoulder in a vehicle accident.
22. BTS album sold 1.2 million copies in South Korea.
Bts’ album, Love Yourself: Her, sold over 1.2 million copies in its first month of release on South Korea’s Gaon album chart. It even became the best-selling Korean album of the month for the first time in 16 years.
23. BTS has the most commented-on music videos on YouTube.
BTS’s music video for DNA, which debuted in 2017, has become the most commented-on music video in YouTube history in 2020! It surpassed all records with nearly 6.4 million comments. It got followed by their other song, Boy with Luv, with over 6.1 million comments. It overcame Psy’s 2012 overnight mega-hit Gangnam Style.
24. The formation of the BTS we know today took three years to form.
BTS’s formation began in 2010, three years before the group’s debut. The CEO of the production business, Big Hit Entertainment, Bang Si-hyuk, was so impressed with RM’s rapping that he decided to form a hip-hop group. They decided later during these formative years that this group would be a K-pop idol group. They were supposed to debut in 2011, but owing to numerous delays, they did not do so until 2013. BTS debuted after being restructured into a more typical idol group.
25. BTS donates to help people
Over the years, the K-pop supergroup has made numerous significant philanthropic donations, prompting fans to follow in their footsteps by donating funds. BTS members have even donated large sums of money to charity and assisted others throughout the years. BTS also helped families impacted by the Sewol Ferry Disaster in 2014 by contributing over $175,000 to them.
BTS is one of the most famous people in the world right now, and listening to their songs makes you feel as if they truly understand you. Today, K-pop reigns supreme in the music industry. Asia is giving birth to an increasing number of successful music products, and the BTS Korean boy band is one of them. Hence, if you are among their millions of fans worldwide, you can be proud of BTS!
More BTS: BTS Boy Band Net Worth