25 Facts About BTS for Real Fans
BTS, also known as the Bangtan Boys, is a world-famous boy band from South Korea with seven members. They started forming in 2010 and launched in 2013 under Big Hit Entertainment. The eponymous single from their fifth EP, Love Yourself: Her (2017), became their first number one hit on the Billboard Hot 100, making BTS the first K-pop act to top the Hot 100 and the second Korean act with a number one album.
Love BTS: A Comprehensive Guide To BTS
The group’s name, BTS, is an acronym for Bangtan Sonyeondan to mean “Bulletproof Boy Scouts.” According to member J-Hope, the name signifies the group’s desire “to block out stereotypes, criticisms, and expectations that aim at adolescents like bullets.” Since their debut, BTS has released several albums and performed on several world tours.
Their fan base, ARMY, is one of their greatest assets. Their fans are loyal and always encourage BTS with positive affirmations and kind words.
One of their songs, “Spring Day,” was written about the Sewol Ferry tragedy in South Korea in 2014. The song got written as therapy for their fans grieving after the disaster.
Read On: Hottest Boy Band In The World
Another song they did got called “Am I Wrong,” which featured an entirely English chorus. They have even collaborated with Steve Aoki on a track called “Waste It On Me,” released in November 2018.
The BTS Facts That Only True Fans Will Know
There is much that ordinary people know about BTS, but there are others that only true fans will know. Here are 25 facts about BTS that only true fans will know.
- The original lineup for BTS was supposed to be very different. The original lineup for BTS was supposed to be different from what we know today. J-Hope, Jimin, RM, and V were the only four members who stayed the same through their debut in 2013. Suga has initially been in a group called D-Town with Jin, who was a member of a group called OneDay before they both auditioned to be in BTS.
- Jin’s first love was a girl who lived near his house when he was in middle school. Jin’s first love was a girl who lived near his home when he was in middle school, but she moved away, and they lost touch after that. They reconnected years later on Cyworld — but she ended up dating another guy and getting married. Jin says it taught him that sometimes you couldn’t force love.
- J-Hope is allergic to cats, but he loves them anyway. J-Hope admitted that he’s allergic to cats, but it’s not too bad to be around them without any problems! He has two cats at home named Mickey and Sesame Jing.
- BTS’s Rap Monster was in the rap group Daenamhyup.
- The youngest member, Jungkook, is so good at cooking that the rest of the members call him “mom.”
- BTS’s Jin was once in an online drama called “Royal Villa.”
- Their third studio album, ‘Love Yourself: Tear,’ was released on May 18, 2018, and hit No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart. This achievement made them the first K-pop act and the first foreign-language album to reach No. 1 since Il Divo’s ‘Ancora’ in 2006!
- Jimin has tattoos that say “Always Keep The Faith” on his wrists and, “Doesn’t Matter If I Disappear,” “I trust myself” on his back.
- J-Hope and Jimin are the best friends known as “The Hope-Chim Duo.”
- Suga is also a fan of Kanye West, saying he’s his idol and even rapping his verse from Big Sean’s “Control.”
- BTS stands for the Korean expression Bangtan Sonyeondan, which translates to Bulletproof Boy Scouts.
- BTS debuted on June 13, 2013, under Big Hit Entertainment, with the lead single ‘No More Dream’ on the album’ 2 Cool 4 Skool.’
- The members were all individually cast by the label following auditions. They later trained together for three years before debuting as a group.
- In the early days of their career, they got known in Korea as the “Bangtan Boys.” They picked “BTS” as their official name in July of 2017.
- In 2015, they won Best World Performer at MTV’s European Music Awards, becoming the first Korean act to win a significant non-Korean award.
- J-Hope loves to dance, but he also has an appreciation for makeup. He once told Billboard that he liked Maybelline’s Fit Me Foundation and concealer products.
- Suga is the only BTS member without a tattoo, but he has confessed that he wants one that reads “I Can’t Breathe.” He told Billboard that fans had begun copying him by getting this phrase tattooed themselves.
- Jungkook loves working out. The singer is known for his impressive physique and has even posted a tutorial of his workout regime online.
- Jimin loves his fans but loves food more — it’s no secret that he has an insatiable appetite, particularly for meat and chicken feet. If you want to cook something from scratch for him, he once said that red bean porridge was one of his all-time favorite foods.
- Rap Monster is a big fan of Marvel and says that Iron Man is his favorite superhero.
- Jin got offered to be an idol when high school, but he turned it down because he wanted to go to college.
- J-Hope’s mom owns a restaurant called “Hope Kitchen,” where the group has filmed some episodes for their variety show Run BTS.
- Jungkook was in Busan High School of Arts as a top student in the modern dance department and received a full scholarship.
- Jin had his car before debuting with BTS, which is called Haru (which means Spring), and it’s a Hyundai Grace (2006).
- Yoongi wrote the lyrics for Bangtan Boys’ first single 2 Cool 4 Skool, No More Dream, We Are Bulletproof Pt 2, Jump, Cypher.
Scandal: Five Lies Fans Believe About BTS
Now you have the twenty-five facts that only fans know about BTS. If you know these facts, you are now a true fan of the BTS, and you know more than ordinary people understand. Go ahead and have fun with BTS music and the ARMY!
Keep On Reading: 10 Amazing Facts About BTS