- 1 DJ Snake: A Quick-Read Bio Revealed
DJ Snake: A Quick-Read Bio Revealed
Here’s the bio, life, career, awards, facts, trivia, and favorites of DJ Snake. We would like to take you through the chapters in the life and career of one of the world’s talented musicians. This is Australian Unwrapped’s compilation of research about DJ Snake. Enjoy the journey!
Full name: William Sami Étienne Grigahcine
Born: June 13, 1986
Origin: Ermont, France
Genres: EDM – Trap
This post contains some affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
- Grigahcine’s father is French while his mother has Algerian decent.
Since he was able to consistently evade the police, Grigahcine was dubbed “Snake” during his childhood days because of his graffiti art.
DJing began when he was 14, and producing when he was 19.
Grigahcine performed at clubs including Les Bains Douches in Paris when he was young.
2011: Lady Gaga’s album Born This Way was produced by DJ Snake which gave him a Grammy nomination for Album of the Year in February 2012.
2013: Columbia Records released DJ Snake’s collaboration with Lil Jon, “Turn Down for What”.
2014: DJ Snake and Dillon Francis launched “Get Low” on their official SoundCloud and YouTube pages, as the lead single from Francis’s debut studio album Money Sucks, Friends Rule. Furious 7’s soundtrack included “Get Low” and “Turn Down for What.”.
2015: After a car accident, DJ Snake and Tchami missed their scheduled appearances at the Monster Mash festival in Toronto
2015: “Lean On”, DJ Snake’s collaborative track with Major Lazer featuring MØ, was the lead single from Major Lazer’s third studio album Peace Is the Mission, which was released on Mad Decent.
2016: DJ Snake released the third single from Encore, “Let Me Love You”, featuring Canadian singer Justin Bieber.
2017: DJ Snake released the fourth single from The Half featuring Jeremih, Young Thug and Swizz Beatz
2018: His single “Magenta Riddim” was released.
2019: DJ Snake revealed his second album, Carte Blanche was released July of this year which housed his songs “Magenta Riddim”, “Taki Taki”, “Enzo” (with Sheck Wes featuring Offset, 21 Savage and Gucci Mane), and “Loco Contigo” (with J Balvin featuring Tyga).
Awards & Recognition
- Billboard named DJ Snake as number nine on their 2018 ranking of dance musicians
- He won and received:
- 2 Grammy Awards nominations
- Billboard Music Awards (4 nominations and 2 awards)
- won Denmark GAFFA Awards
- iHeartRadio Music Awards (2 nominations)
- Joox Thailand Music Awards nomination
- Kids’ Choice Awards nomination
- MTV Video Music Awards (3 nomination and 1 award)
- won NRJ Music Awards
- Teen Choice Awards nomination
- Electronic Music Awards nomination
Fun Facts & Trivia
- DJ Snake used to be a professional Graffiti artist in which he used to evade the police every time.
- His signature style with glasses originated when he was about to play to a big crowd and he got scared so his manager suggested him to wear glasses while performing.
- He is an avid football fan. He likes Cristiano Ronaldo more than Lionel Messi.
Australian Unwrapped’s Chosen Song from DJ Snake:
Taki Taki (feat. Selena Gomez, Ozuna & Cardi B)
Hi Music Hi Flows (Snake, ha, ha)
Bailame como si fuera la última vez
Y enséñame ese pasito que no sé
Un besito bien suavecito bebé
Quiere un besito o un ñaqui
Booty explota como saki saki
Prende los motores Kawasaki
Que la disco está llena
Y llegaron los Anunnakis
More Songs to Listen to:
I hope you enjoyed knowing bits of the life of the music artist, DJ Snake!
We have lots to offer about him.
Click the link above for DJ Snake: Top 5 Songs to listen and relax or get on to the next artist whose life we are featuring next, Alan Walker.
Share which segment you liked the most in the Comments section below so others can check it out!
Support DJ Snake: