Writing blog articles is one of the best ways to get your content in front of new people. Yet, building up momentum can be hard with this platform if you don’t know how to write great blog articles. In this post, we’ll show you how to write great blog articles that will rank in 2023.
Read More: How To Sell Guest Posts On My Blog in 2023
1. Develop a Clickable Title
As an SEO expert, I know the value of good titles, and they not only attract readers’ attention and help your articles stand out from the competition. A good title can help you rank higher in search results and increase your conversion rate by up to 80%.
But how do you write a clickable title? The first step is to make sure your keyword phrases are in there. These are words that people might search for when looking for information on your topic—like “how to write great blog articles.”
You should also include variations on that phrase: “How To Write Great Blog Articles That Rank In 2023” or “The Best Way To Increase Your Blog Traffic By Writing Great Content.”
This helps ensure that when those keywords are typed into Google or any other search engine, they’ll pull up this specific article rather than something else with similar keywords scattered throughout it.
Once you’ve got all those keywords in place (and used them correctly), it’s time to focus on another essential aspect: meta descriptions.
Meta descriptions aren’t just a way for Google to tell searchers what type of content exists within an article; they’re also key factors for determining whether someone will decide whether or not he wants to click through and read further.
If a meta description isn’t enticing enough, if it doesn’t grab reader interest immediately—then chances are high that there will be no click-throughs.
2. Enter SEO Keyword-Enriched Phrases
The vital thing you can do to optimize your content for search engines is to fill it with keyword-enriched phrases. You should:
- Enter keywords in the title of your blog post;
- Use keywords in the URL of your blog post;
- Include the keywords in the first paragraph of your blog post; and
- Have them again at least once towards the end of it. In addition, make sure that you:
- Include a meta description (which Google uses as an excerpt) that contains relevant words from each page and ends with one or two highly targeted terms, such as “how to” or “guide.”
3. Start With a Compelling Introduction
The introduction is the principal thing your audience will read, so make it count.
- Start with a hook. Hone in on something relevant to the reader’s problem or interest (e.g., if they’re looking for tips on writing better blog articles, mention how you struggled with writing great blog articles until you discovered these ten tips).
- Please give a brief overview of what you’ll cover in the report without giving away all of the juicy details yet; this is where most readers decide whether or not they want to continue reading.
- Make it interesting! No one wants dry content—so make sure yours has personality.
4. Include Some Internal Links in the Post
Internal links are a great way to get more traffic, keep readers engaged, and get more shares.
Internal links can be used in any blog post. You first need to go through the article and find relevant keywords that would make sense for internal linking.
Once you’ve seen them, add them at the beginning of your sentences or paragraphs so that readers can easily click on them and go directly to another piece of content on your website (i.e., an article).
5. Insert Images and Videos
In today’s world, images and videos are essential to a fantastic blog article. They help to improve user experience, help readers understand your topic, and provide visual content that empowers you to sell your product or service.
- Images are an excellent way to make your articles more visually appealing. Your images must be relevant and add value for readers; it’s also important that they aren’t too distracting from the main text of a post!
- Videos: Video is becoming more popular on blogs because it gives people more information about what you’re writing about excitingly. Videos can be used for teaching or entertainment (I’ve seen some cool music videos!).
Not to Miss: How To Outreach To Podcasts In 2023 To Be A Guest.
6. Keep Your Language Simple
Use simple language. Simple, conversational language is a great way to keep people engaged while reading your content. You want it to feel like you’re talking directly to them, not like they’re reading a technical manual or dense academic textbook.
You can create this feeling by using short sentences and avoiding jargon or technical terms whenever possible.
Avoid overly complicated language when possible. On the other hand, sometimes you need more advanced vocabulary for specific topics to explain things clearly and accurately, but even then, take care not to use so much complexity that readers have trouble understanding what you’re saying or are turned off by having their intelligence insulted by overly complex wording when more straightforward language would suffice (or be preferable).
7. Use Correct Spelling and Grammar
Writing is a craft, meaning you will spend years learning how to write better. If you want to get started as soon as possible, there are some basic things that every writer should know. Here are the basics:
- Use a spell checker
- Use a grammar checker
- Have someone else proofread your work (ideally several people)
- Use a good dictionary and thesaurus
8. Use Subheadings
Use subheadings to break up the content into smaller, more digestible pieces.
- Please make sure they are descriptive and accurate.
- Use a variety of subheadings throughout your article, including headings (capitalized), numbers, bullets, and phrases.
- You want to ensure that your blog posts are easy to read and scan through and can be scrolled by readers without feeling overwhelmed or lost by the content.
9. Break Paragraphs Into Manageable Chunks
When you’re writing a blog post, it’s easy to get caught up in the flow of ideas and forget that no one will read your article if it’s too long. It’s time for another helpful tip: break your paragraphs into manageable chunks using sub-headers.
It may seem like additional work, but it really isn’t—and here’s why: each time you add a new line and write out a sub-header like “Why This Matters” or “How To Fix,” you’re allowing yourself to breathe and think about how best to move forward with your essay.
10. Conclude and Include a Call-to-Action
As you wrap up your article, include a call to action. A call-to-action is any phrase or sentence that asks the reader to do something, sign up for your email list, visit your site, watch a video or social media clip, anything that will take them from reading your article onto another page on your website.
Make sure it’s straightforward to understand so readers can efficiently complete whatever action you want them to take. It’s also important to be relevant to the article’s content and align with its primary purpose furthermore what you’re attempting to accomplish with it.
If there’s one thing worse than having no call-to-action in an article, it’s having one that sounds overly salesy or cheesy (e.g., “Click here now! Hurry before we run out!”).
Must See: How To Find Great Blog Titles In 2023
Don’t be afraid to push yourself. The best bloggers aren’t content with just writing a few blog articles each week or month. They research, they read, and they listen. They are constantly learning and growing as writers to write better blog posts that rank in 2023.