Australian PR Visa is one way to enter the island country for its attractive job prospects. You get many immigration privileges and you get to stay in the country for 5 years with this visa. In the meanwhile, once you have completed 4 years of your stay in the country, you can also apply for citizenship if you are willing to settle in Australia permanently with your family.
Citizenship Australian is a resourceful website that can help you prepare for the Australian citizenship test through carefully planned lessons, quizzes, notes, and animation. You must see this page and take their practice test, which will provide you with an idea regarding the question pattern you will be getting in your Australian citizenship official test.
PR Visa – Requirements and Benefits
The Australian Permanent Resident Visa or PR Visa holders get all the basic rights of an Australian citizen apart from the voting rights. They can travel freely during the duration when the PR Visa is active.
Some other benefits of getting an Australian PR Visa are:
- You can work in any organization in Australia and live anywhere in the country.
- Your family members can stay with you until the expiry of the visa.
- You get health benefits from the country for you and your family.
- You can also get the rights to your children’s education, which is free till a specified age.
- Additionally, your relatives can also get sponsorship grants for getting PR status.
- You can also apply for Australian citizenship after living in the country for a certain period.
- You become eligible to apply for a New Zealand visa and freely traveling to this country.
To apply for the PR Visa, you must be below the age of 45 and should fulfill the following requirement:
- Pass their language test
- This test is conducted by IELTS.
- It checks your proficiency in the English language and you have to pass this test before you can proceed to the other steps in the visa application process.
- Select the right category of visa based on your skillset
- Choosing the right subclass of PR Visa is important to prevent rejection of your application due to a mismatch in the skill set.
- There are 3 main categories, state-nominated visa (190), non-sponsored visa (189), and employer-nominated visa (186).
- You must be a part of an occupation mentioned in their skilled occupation list
- In the next step, you have to select one occupation among those listed in the skilled occupation list in the visa application form.
- You must have scored 65 points on their grid system
- After submitting an Expression of Interest or EO, the system will generate grid points based on your above entries.
- Minimal points to get are 60, but generally preferred points for approval are 65 or above.
- If your scores are high enough, you will receive an ITA after which your visa application will be submitted to DIBP.
Lastly, you must present a certificate stating that you have morally good character and your mental fitness level is appropriate for being able to live and work in Australia.
You also have to show that you have funds that can help you sustain yourself and your dependent family members in the short term. Keeping yourself prepared for the tests with all the necessary documents increases your visa approval chances dramatically.