Samsung NX500 Review:- With the launch of Samsung NX500, the company has shown to the world that it can deal with industry leaders. Most of the features in Samsung NX500 are similar to NX1, but in a more compact design and affordable price. What makes NX500 exceptional is same feature of 28MP BSI CMOS sensor. The hybrid auto focus system is also a great feature offered by NX500.
Samsung NX500 Review
NX500 has lighter body and 180 rotating LCD display. Unlike other models of ILCs in the market, with twin dial, adjustment of aperture and shutter can be done instantly. For better connectivity there are Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for transfer of photos. The most unique and compelling feature of NX500 is the 4K video capability.
This is a detailed guide on the features and specifications of the Samsung NX500. For further details please read below.
Samsung NX500 Specifications:
- System: NX500 is a top end camera with an amazing collection of lenses. As standard, it is equipped with lenses(18-55mm, 20-50mm) and affordable zooms (50-200mm, 18-200mm). You can choose from a modest collection of primes having a range of 16mm – 85mm.
- Color: For users, this camera is coming in three colors of brown, white and black. Choose what suits your personality and style.
Check its specifications below and you will fall in love with this tool.
- Body Type: Range Finder , Style Mirrorless
- Main Resolution: 6480 x 4320
- Image Ratio: 3:2, 1:1, 16:9
- Sensor Photo Detectors: 31 MP
- Effective Pixels: 28 MP
- Sensor Type: BSI CMOS
- Sensor Size: APS-C
- Color Space: AdobeRGB, sRGB
- Processor: DRIMe Vs
- Color Filter Array: Primary Color Filter
- ISO: Auto, 100-25600, Can bee expanded to 51200
- White Balance Preset: 7
- Custom White Balance: Yes
- Uncompressed Format: RAW
- Image Stabilization: No
- JPEG Quality Levels: Normal, Fine, Super Fine
- File Format: RAW (SRW), JPEG
- Auto Focus: Contrast Detect, Multi Area, Phase Detect, Center, Tracking, Selective Single Point, Touch, Continous, Live View, Face Detection
- Manual Focus: Yes
- Auto Focus Assist Lamp: Yes
- Number Of Focus Points: 209
- Lens Mount: Samsung NX
- Focal Length Multiplier: 5x
- Screen Dots: 1,036,000
- Screen Size: 3 inches
- Live View: Yes
- Touch Screen: Yes
- Screen Type: Super AMOLED
- Viewfinder Type: None
- Maximum Shutter Speed: 1/6000 sec
- Minimum Shutter Speed: 30 sec
- Scene Modes: Rich Tones, Landscape, Beauty Face, Action Freeze, Waterfall, Panorama, Sunset, Silhouette, Fireworks, Night, Multi Exposure, Light Trace
- Exposure Modes: Auto, Custom, Program, Smart, Aperture Priority, Manual, Shutter Priority
- Storage Types: SD/SDHC/SDXC
- USB: USB 2.0
- Wi-Fi: Yes
- Battery: 370 shots
Samsung NX500 Body & Handling:
Samsung NX500 has compact design with great quality of metal and plastic. The design is ergonomic for easy grip. This camera does slip from the hand. Due to great placement of twin dial, one can change the shutter and aperture setting easily.
Samsung NX500 Wi-Fi:
Wi-Fi is the premium feature about Samsung NX500. The connectivity is supported by both Android and iOS. Well, the experience is not smooth when pairing with iOS. Because Apple has implemented so manyrestrictions. While, functionality with Android is just awesome.
Samsung NX500 Shooting Experience:
Well, in terms of shooting experience NX500 is falling behind NX1. We can say NX1 is big brother when we are talking about shooting experience. What photographers really love about NX500 includes still image quality, auto focus and design. The only cracking thing about NX500 is 4K video display.
Samsung NX500 Auto Focus:
If we compare NX500 with competitors, then its auto focus is not that reliable. The photos clicked with NX500 are less sharp. WE can say auto focus is good, but not best.
Samsung NX500 Video:
Here comes the main focus. Well, NX500 does not allow ultra HD 1080 video format. But you can shoot in 4K display, the format used in latest TVs. Samsung made a new leap, by using coding of H2.65 codec. This coding is used by ultra HD quality TVs. Only lacking thing is face detection. You have to do it manually, if you need any face detection from OLED screen.
Samsung NX500 Studio Test Scene:
After comparison between NX500 and cameras from other brands. We came to conclusion that NX500 offers world class ISO performance. This camera has the edge of noise sharpness. This quality does not fade in even low brightness. If you are seeking for RAW range performance, it is much similar to that of NX1.
Samsung NX500 Review – Final Verdict:
NX500 is an extraordinary too with stylish and ergonomic design. Gorgeous OLED and impressive smart phone feel is the real charms about NX500. 4K video quality with true color reproduction make it really good choice for photographers. But low quality auto focus and absence built in flash are the things to worry about.