Chanakya in Daily Life: Book Review
What I liked the most about the book– The author deals with common things and matters of life lucidly without making false assumptions.
The author suggests with conviction that human life is not a film or a television serial. Most of the time, there is a hero and a villain, running and chasing one after another—the usual fight between evil and good.
Life and death: all persons are born and meet end one day. The difference lies in their pursuing different lifestyles and doing work.
Any man plays a different role in a single life. A writer is happy only when he finds a reader. A person is a good father when he takes care of the needs of his offspring. Friends can be good or bad, depending upon the circumstances. These wordly relationships may go on in many other ways.
For a person’s more excellent convenience, a person contains three main stages: a personal life, a professional life, and a family life. Hence what is required in maintaining a balance among all the three stages of life?
In a capsule form, the excellent and critical point of the book may be summarised as follows;
1. A person is a spiritual being on a human journey
2. A problem does not remain a problem when thought with clarity and purpose
3. Continuous instruction to one’s mind is necessary till it listens
4. Smile is the best make up on a person’s face
5. Music adds to a person’s life, adds value
6. The best music is silence
7. Ability to think is a divine gift
8. Worry is like a directionless movement
9. Planning is necessary for completing a work
10. Without a healthy body, riches are of no value.
11. Good health gives healthy thoughts
12. Human will be coupled with faith is the most significant force
13. Too many opportunities often mislead
14. When things go wrong, one must keep calm
15. A person who does whatever pleases their mind achieves nothing
16. One must have a hobby in one’s life
17. Every person, man or woman, has a god gifted Talent which is unique. Hardly few can identify this uniqueness
18. Good days are numbered
19. One must not underestimate oneself
20. In a confused state of mind, one must fight the circumstances and run away
21. To earn wealth through the proper means may be a challenge, but it is worth the effort
22. Right direction in life solves the half problems
23. A person cannot predict the future but can invent it
24. Success is a product of hard work, teamwork, and God’s grace
25. A right decision at the right time can change a person’s destiny.
26. A person’s character may be built by reading, but writing completes it.