Healthy Food Habits for a Glowing Skin
If you think all you’ll ever need to get younger-looking skin are those expensive skin care products- think again.
While they can make a difference in your skin, the results you’ll get from them won’t be long-lasting. In fact, your wrinkles, freckles and fine lines can return as soon as you stop using them.
So, instead of investing your hard-earned money on products that can’t really do anything for your skin, a better solution is to eat healthier. It won’t only make your skin look better but it can also help improve your overall health.
Healthy Food Habits
Taking care of your skin from the inside by being more mindful of what you eat can help slow down the signs of skin ageing. It can also improve the overall glow and appearance of your skin.
As a guide, here are some tips on how you can change your diet to get younger-looking skin:
- Avoid crash diets as they can deprive your body and skin of the nutrients they need to function optimally.
- Add more fruits and vegetables to your meals and aim to serve about 5 portions per day.
- Stick with foods that have low glycemic indexes. Good examples include celery and apple.
- Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water each day. Make sure not to count sodas and alcoholic beverages.
- Skip dairy products as they can potentially trigger acne. This includes milk, butter, yoghurt and cultured dairy.
- Eat more fish, poultry and nuts. These foods are rich in zinc which can help with skin repair and in achieving soft and supple skin.
- Consider consuming foods rich in phytoestrogens. They can keep your hormones in balance which, in essence, can prevent skin problems, especially acne.
To help you pick out the exact vitamins and minerals your skin needs to remain youthful, here’s an infographic you can refer to.
“Hannah Do is the founder of Thank Your Skin, a beauty blog dedicated to providing honest skincare advice and information. She aspires to help her readers achieve their most beautiful skin by sharing personal tips learned through both years of experience and thorough research. Check out her latest article about best toner for oily skin. You can find her on Twitter, Pinterest and Face book“
Have a wonderful day!
Main Image Source : Pixabay