Enjoy Bridge to Bridge Walk By Lake Burley Griffin, Canberra
Among the most famous tourist attractions in Canberra, the bridge to bridge walk by Lake Burley Griffin stands at first. The bridge to bridge walk by Lake Burley Griffin in Canberra is a walk filled with enthusiasm, fun and much more. The track is almost 4.96 km and covers the whole lake. When you are walking at the Lake Burley Griffin, it is hard to miss the beauty of the lake and the sophistication of its bridges.
The bridge to bridge walk
This route has a maximum elevation of 571.62 meters. The route takes around the Lake Burley Griffin and covers Commonwealth Avenue bridge and Kings Avenue bridge. It is a total of 45 minutes to 60 minutes walk. The only real steep part during the walk is when you head towards the first bridge, so it is up to you, whether you head up to the bridge or not.
Sunset by Lake Burley Griffin
If you have planned to take this bridge to bridge walk, then try to reach near the lake just before the sunset. Head up towards the Commonwealth Avenue bridge and take a look at the mesmerizing sunset. You will not be able to see such a beautiful sunset anywhere else. When the rays of the setting sun touch water with shimmer it will pour magic in the moment and you will never feel like coming out of those magical moments.
Ways to Complete the Loop
Besides walking, you can also complete the loop while
- Cycling on a summer afternoon
- Stand Up Paddle boating or Kayaking
Places to See During walk
While you are on your Burley Griffin walk adventure and you have excess time, why not have a look around and stay at some worthy spots? If you really want to enjoy this experience to the fullest, then
- Stop at the Kingston Foreshore having green parks and places to eat and drink
- Get to the deck at Regatta point, which is developed on a beautiful hill. You can view Lake Burley Griffin, National Gallery of Australia and Parliament House from here.
- Stop at Westside Acton Park which is made entirely of shipping containers and offers great food and ambience.
- Visit the National Sculpture garden beside the National Gallery of Australia. The lakeside location and 26 sculptures to wander makes it marvellous.
- Visit the Nara Peace Park within the Lennox Gardens on the Lake Burley Griffin shore.
Walk Lake Burley Griffin Bridge to Bridge
So get set ready and enjoy the time of your life to fullest while walking bridge to bridge around these magnificent blue waters and have an experience of a lifetime.