How to Protect Your Privacy Online- Don’t be a Victim of Hackers
Gone are the days when you could work online and yet remain anonymous. Presently there are millions of ways to trace your private information. However, if you still want to stay unnoticed while online then you can and here are ways to do it.
Surfing anonymously through the web is essential to hide your privacy and to make your personal information safe from being sold out to third party or to minimize the risk of receiving spam emails. Mostly, some tracking cookies and electronic devices are used to extract your personal-information by monitoring your browsing routine. When you browse the web privately, it becomes very difficult for people to monitor your online activities and it reduces the risk of personal-information being carried away. This happens because your IP address remains hidden. The remote server, while trying to observe your browsing habit, receives information from proxy server rather than your own which keeps you safe.
Wrong information will be sent to the server and your personal information will remain safe whenever you will browse the internet. There are benefits of staying anonymous and one of them is that your IP address will remain hidden and third party will not be able to track your activities.
If you want to keep your privacy and personal information secure then use anonymous proxy sites that offer the service of staying anonymous on web. In addition, you can use the web browsers that offer private browsing mode. But whatever you choose the working principle is different for every option You can also keep your privacy intact by many other ways like deleting the browsing history, cookies and clearing cache after every browsing session. Tracking and attacking are the two online phenomena that are used to obtain personal information of people online. To defend yourself against these, private web browsing is used which is quite famous these days. To locate one’s IP address in order to obtain personal information is known as tracking.
To hack someone’s personal computer to obtain personal information is known as attacking. Sometimes private web browsing is adopted to overcome the restrictive surfing policies in one’s area or locality. Though you may have any reason for anonymous surfing but it is essential if you want to protect your personal data from being carried away unlawfully.
Proxy Servers & Anonymous IP Services- how they protect your privacy?
A proxy server is a server that sits between a client and a real server. The proxy server intercepts requests to real servers to see if it can take care of the requests itself and, if it cannot, it forwards the request to the real server. For example, a user requests a web page via his browser. The proxy server first checks the cache to see if the page is already there and can be served to the usually. If not, it passes the request for the web page from the browser to the web server.
Since proxy servers provide indirect access to web servers, your IP address and other somewhat identifying information (e.g. browser type, location) can be kept passed onto the real server. There are a number of anonymization services on the Internet today. Some of them are free, but most of the best and most reliable services will cost you.
Things to remember when protecting your privacy online
Here are a few practical suggestions which have been proven by time and use on how to protect your privacy online. Keep in mind that although these suggestions are not absolutely safe from unwanted events while browsing, you should limit your risks while online.
- Use an Internet browser that has demonstrated its security features. One of the ways to protect your privacy online is to not use Internet Explorer as a web browser. It is important to remember that millions of users depend on Internet Explorer for their browsing needs. With this number of users, the risk of more people stealing your personal information is relatively high. The use of other Internet browsers effectively distributes the risk of theft of personal information.
- If you can help, do not always use Google when browsing the Internet. Keep in mind that Google generally keeps track of all your activities while on the Internet. The more that you use Google, the greater is the possibility that your privacy might be invaded.
- Mask your identity by using an anonymizer. You should keep in mind that every time you browse the Internet, it will leave a trace through your IP address. When it comes to the Internet, your IP address can usually reveal your identity, including certain personal information that the public should not know. If possible, you must hide your IP address with an anonymizer. This is a great way to protect your online privacy.
- Never give out personal information such as credit card numbers, personal details like date of birth and the like. If you want to protect your privacy and avoid the inconvenience of an online privacy intrusion, you have to make sure that no one, other than the people you trust gets hold of your vital personal details.
- Use a Virtual Private Network, also known as a VPN, to encrypt the traffic traveling between your computer or smart phone and the Internet. This also gives you anonymity since you can appear to be connecting to the Internet from any country or location where your VPN provider runs a gateway.
- Only connect to secure Wi-Fi hotspots or use a VPN when connected to open networks at libraries, coffee shops and the like.
With these practical recommendations on how to protect your privacy online, if you follow them, you can be assured that the risks that are associated with using the internet can be controlled and minimized to a certain extent. You have to be careful though because even with these tips, there are certain people who are just waiting to take advantage of your vulnerability online. As they would say, prevention is always better than cure. So, be safe while you are online.