Australia Working Holiday Visa Specified Work
Specified work is work that is undertaken in a ‘specified’ field or industry in a designated regional area. You are only eligible for a second Working Holiday visa after completing your specified work.
There are numerous industries in which you can work so as to fulfill the specified work requirement. Securing the required evidence from an employer may not be a challenge. However, confirm with your potential employer before appending your signature for any work.
It’s also important to be aware that your seasonal work has to be done in regional Australia.
The following is a description of the industries you can enroll for specified work:
- fishing and pearling
- plant and animal cultivation
- tree farming and felling
Fishing and pearling
- carrying out operations linked to directly caring for or catching fish and aquatic life in general
- carrying out operations linked to taking or culturing pearls or pearl shell
- construction material mining
- oil and gas extraction
- coal mining
- mining support services
- metal ore mining
- non-metallic mineral mining and quarrying exploration
- non-residential building construction
- residential building construction
- land development and site preparation services
- heavy and civil engineering construction
- building completion services
- building installation services
- building structure services
- other construction services
Plant and animal cultivation
- pruning and trimming vines and trees
- harvesting and/or packing of fruit and vegetable crops
- general working involving maintenance
- cultivating plants or fungi
- immediate processing of animal products including shearing, butchery, packing and tanning
- manufacturing dairy produce from raw material
Finding specified work
The same techniques used to get job vacancies can be used to find specified work vacancies. These strategies include through the internet, employment pages in daily newspaper publications as well as via job placement service providers. You can visit Harvest Trail website to get plant and animal cultivation vacancies.
It is vital for applicants to verify that the vacancy falls under the definition of specified work and that it is found in regional Australia. The following are the regional areas.