Australia is one of the most beautiful countries in the world and this is the reason that it is one of the most sought after tourist destinations. There are endless opportunities for enjoying memorable vacations for everyone – be it families or the adventure enthusiasts. The warm beaches, the iconic architecture, buzzing streets and the wilderness are enticing and enthralling enough to make you pack the bags and plan a tour hopefully not for once. However, for touring most of the any countries, the first thing you need (after passport of course) is a visa. Yes, the very significant document that entitles you to spend the holidays in Australia. Lets us see the things you should care about while getting a visa and what does a visa to Australia entitle?
Who can get a tourist visa?
Australia issues a tourist visa to those who either wish to travel or spend their time in Australia for family, business and visiting purposes. There are two types of subclasses – 600 and 601.
Eligibilities for Tourist visitor visa subclass 600 –
Like any other country, there are certain criteria that must be fulfilled for getting a tourist visa for Australia. These are –
- There must be a genuine reason for visiting Australia i.e. for tourism, recreation or family related activities.
- Since you will not be covered by Australian national health scheme, you must have your own health insurance. If your country has a mutual agreement with Australia in this regard, then it won’t be needed.
- Your declaration of any criminal conviction if any.
What does it entitle you to do?
So, now that you have been awarded tourist visa subclass 600, it gives you rights to engage yourselves in certain activities depending on whether or not you follow all the rules laid down by the authorities. Make sure you don’t mess with them.
- It gives you legal permission to visit Australia for either visiting which may include tourism or family recreational activity. So, if you are planning to tour Australia, you can visit the entire wilderness and the amazing beaches of Australia with this visa.
- Depending on your requirements, this type of visa will allow you to visit Australia up to three, six or twelve months. The time limit has to be approved by the visa officials.
- So, if you got an excellent opportunity to learn something exciting while touring this wonderful country, sure you can for three months according to this visa.
- Please remember, you cannot work and earn during your holidays if you have been given this visa. That will be violation of the rules. However, you definitely can volunteer for some jobs unpaid.
Electronic Travel Authority – Subclass 601
This visa is issued for passport holder of certain countries; make sure you check that list.
In this, you enjoy some special privileges-
- You can visit the country as many times you wish for one year.
- You can stay for three months during each time you visit.
Understanding visa obligations
Australia is an extremely tourism friendly country. The authorities make it sure that your stay remains pleasurable. But, it is very important that you understand your visa entitlements completely to avoid any problems.
For further information click the link – Visa and Immigration Government Website
[mks_separator style=”dotted” height=”2″]