Top 10 places to spend New Year’s Eve 2017
New Year’s Eve 2017 is extensively celebrated all through the world. The idea of a celebration for a few people is to celebrate the event with small get-togethers but a majority of population across the world like to explore places with grand New Year events and experience the fancy fireworks display.
Well, for those of you who would like to have a trip around the world and wish to zero down on the location for the eve of New Year 2017, here is a short guide to explore the cities with the world’s greatest celebrations.
Australia – Sydney
- Sydney is certainly meant to top the list. The reason is its strategic location; it is the first city where the clock strikes midnight. Tourists will have the chance to watch the world’s largest fireworks display under the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House. The waterfront show has a brilliant setting of an air and water show with aerial flyovers with messages in the sky. One can visualise a hoard of illuminated boats in the Harbour of Light Parade and an Aboriginal smoking ceremony that is believed to clean the aura of bad spirits.
Top 10 places to spend New Year’s Eve 2017 – London – England
- London welcomes the New Year with the chiming of the Big Ben followed by a ten-minute light show amidst fireworks and people watch it from the banks of river Thames. Not to miss is the London Eye and the Houses of Parliament. The streets of London are full of marching bands, costumed dancers and a queens’ horses’ procession immediately following the New year’s day.
New York – USA
- New York is certainly a prime location for the party-lovers. The famous Times Square hosts the event miraculously when a 12-foot glittering ball, weighing around 12000 pounds descends from a flagpole along with colourful confetti showering down on the party-goers. You can reserve a dinner table at one of the restaurants in close proximity to witness big celebrity music acts and the elaborate light show.
Top 10 places to spend New Year’s Eve 2017 – Oahu – Hawaii
- Visit Oahu, a Hawaiian island which offers a variety of activities to celebrate New Year in a grand setting. The Aloha Tower at the downtown Honolulu hosts New Year’s Eve party where you can dance to your heart’s delight, experience live music and lovely fireworks. The Waikiki Beach and West Oahu also has the beautiful fireworks display.
New Zealand – Cardona Valley
- New Zealand hosts many New Year eve festivals. The biggest New Year’s festival is called Rhythm and Vines. Many national and international music acts perform at this event. Then there is a Rhythm and Alps festival to visit the serene mountainous location of the Cardona Valley. There is also the GLO festival which is a 3-day New Year celebration in Rotorua. Then, you have the Waiheke Island festival in a vineyard.
Top 10 places to spend New Year’s Eve 2017 – India – Goa
- If you want to head to India this New Year’s eve, the first name that comes in the line is Goa. The lovely beaches, the happening parties booze and carnivals all make up for the wonderful view. You can rent the beach shacks for an ultimate view of the sea, also check out the biodiversity from sea-eagles to water buffaloes.
Philippines – Quezon Memorial Circle
- The Quezon Memorial Circle in the Philippines has been one of the popular destinations for New Year in the Philippines. You can watch the 3D mapping show, a host of pyrotechnic displays. Then there is the World Manila resort in the Philippines to make you part of the grand festivities with a New Year’s Eve Grand Countdown.
Cape Town – South Africa
- Plunge into the New Year dance and music parties in Cape Town, South Africa. The four-day festival goes down at Contermanskloof Farm in Durbanville. Get all set to beat the drum and experience live acts. You can experience camping out under the stars and be relaxed and soaked in the mud. You can also visit the V&A Waterfront for the biggest New Year’s eve parties featuring a variety of carnival-themed performances including circus performances, bands, dancers, and musical acts.
Top 10 places to spend New Year’s Eve 2017 Mexico City – Mexico
- Book your tickets to the Mexico City, where you can attend the New Year celebrations around the Zocalo and visualise the beautiful sights of fireworks, and party poppers to welcome the New Year 2017.
Singapore – Siloso Beach
- Party on the beach at the Siloso Beach party in Singapore. Go to the big foam pool for ultimate fun. You can also try the Tanjong Beach Club and visualise floating lanterns, fire twirlers, and throw tonnes of beach balls along with dance and drinks There’s live performances here and then a big fireworks display to cap off the night. You have the Marina Bay set against the skyline of the city. You can also experience live music here and great clubs at the Clark Quay Nye amidst stilt walkers and belly dancers. Then there is a special themed countdown called the Sky Party Countdown.
Up to date News and Current Trends see: